In yet another positive sign, Virgin Australia has announced the reopening of its lounges in Perth and the Gold Coast.
Seating capacity within both lounges will, however, be limited due to COVID-related social distancing requirements, and adjustments have been made to the placement of furniture within the lounges to ensure social distancing is maintained at all times.
Both the Perth and Gold Coast lounges will comply with all COVID-19 safe requirements as mandated by the state governments.
Guests will notice some changes including:
- The requirement to use the QR code to complete sign in upon entry.
- The entrance foyer will be used as an entry point only.
- Furniture will be spaced 1.5m apart along with appropriate signage and social distancing markers.
- Hand sanitiser stations will be placed throughout the lounges.
- Lounges will be deep cleaned prior to opening, and cleaning undertaken throughout the day.
One of the most obvious changes will be around food and beverage, notably that self-serve food and drinks will not be available.
Pre-made food items including sweet and savoury snacks, sandwiches, fresh fruit, alcoholic beverages (including craft beers and curated wines), barista coffee, premium tea and soft drinks will still be available from the hosted food bar.
The airline’s Gold Coast lounge will be open:
8.00am – 8.00pm Monday to Friday
8.00am – 6.00pm Saturday
8.00am – 8.00pm Sunday
The Perth lounge willl be open:
4.15am – 5.00pm Monday to Friday
5.00am – 12.00pm Saturday
5.00am – 5.00pm Sunday
For more information, simply leave us a note in the form below, or CALL US [1300 935 669] to discuss your specific requirements.
We’d love to hear from you!